Fix the HP Printer Error Code 20 caused when the device has not been configured rightly on your system. Typically the error comes up when you try to get print done from your computer when actually want to get the document, image or spreadsheet printed from your HP Printer device. But the interruption of error saying “Printer not activated-Error code 20” might appear during you trying to get print done. Firstly you need to ensure that you have your HP Printer set up correctly in order to fix HP printer error code 20, don’t have any damaged or corrupt settings on your PC, that might prevent your printer from working properly. Here are the steps you should to take to resolve the issues or connect with HP Technical Support and get your machine in proper working.
Follow the Steps to Fix the HP Printer Error Code 20:
Step 1: Make sure used HP Printer is set to default printer
Reason to perform this step is to avoid future problem when you getting the document print out and same problem might occur. If you purchase new printer you must make sure that it is set as default printer.
- Click on start and then proceed to option for printer and faxes
- Go through the Printer folders and if desired printer icon is not there proceed to Step2.
- However if you found the desired icon see it has check mark next to it which means it is set as default printer
- In case the check mark is missing right-click on the printer and click Set as default printer option
- After the right-click printer select the Print Test Page to print a Windows self-test page
- If you get the page printed successfully exit the printer folder and try printing out a word document
- However that fails apply Step2.
Step 2: Reinstall the USB composite device
This is very much similar to starting over gain with ‘new’ printer. Reinstalling the device might just be what it needs to perform the task successfully and work correctly.
- Right-click on the My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab and then click on Device Manager
- In the Device Manager window, double click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click on the USB Composite Device, select uninstall then click OK.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Computer and reconnect it.
- To install the drivers, follow the on screen instructions in the Found New Hardware Wizard.
- Click Start and then select Printer and Faxes to open the Printers folder.
- Find the icon which represents your HP Printer and check for Print Test Page, which will print a self-test page.
- Close all the windows and try printing out a document when the self-test page prints successfully.
Step 3: Uninstall and Reinstall HP Software
If the above mentioned steps fail to resolve your problem of HP Printer Error Code 20 then you must uninstall and reinstall the HP Printer software driver.
Step 4: Clean out the Registry
When you have completed the above steps in resolving the error or during the problem solving you came across issues you must get in touch with HP Printer Customer support Number UK @+44-800-046-5293 (Toll-Free) for instant solving them so that you can continue to next step and get your error fixed steadily.